Indian cinema has successfully completed 100 years in 2013. Here are some of the most amazing facts about the Indian cinema.
- The first motion picture in India was ‘The Wrestlers’ which was screened in 1899.
- Ashok Kumar was a lab assistant in the Bombay talkies before he became an actor in the year 1936.
- Director Subhash Ghai made a cameo appearance in the movie Aradhana.
- Raj Thackeray wanted to make a film with Amitabh Bachchan in the year 2005.
- Sunil Dutt played the role of a dacoit in 20 movies in his career.
- Waheeda Rahman played the role of both mother and lover to Amitabh Bachchan.
- Dimple was only sixteen years when Raj Kapoor introduced her in ‘Bobby’.
- Raj Kapoor was a superstitious and went off drinking and eating non-veg before the release of the movie ‘Satyam Shivam Sundaram’.
- Dilip Kumar was offered a lead role in the international project, ‘Lawrance of Arabia’.
- Diva Rekha wears only crimson and chocolate colored lipstick while making public appearance.
- Amitabh Bachchan is so punctual that many time he used to open the gates of filmistan studio or he used to reach the place before watchman or gatekeeper.
- Dharmendra charged only 51 rs for the ‘Dil Bhi Tera Hum Bhi Tere’ in 1960.
- Jeetandra’s first film was ‘Navrang’ in 1959, where he played the role of Sandhya’s body double.
- Meena Kumari was a poetess and refused to show her poems to her own poet husband.
- Devika Rani was a first actress with a degree in film making.
- Rockstar movie was shot in the reverse order with the climax being shot first.
- Anil Kapoor’s family lived in the garage of Raj Kapoor when they first moved to Mumbai.
- When Sridevi was only 13 yrs old she played the role of step mom in the Rajnikanth’s film Moondru Mudichu.
You can see more bollywood breaking news on theindianmoviechannel.com